COLING promotes and develops sustainable measures for language revitalization and maintenance. The project is funded under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie RISE scheme within HORIZON 2020 and runs from January 2018 to December 2021 (Grant Agreement ID: 778384). The project gives researchers and non-academic stakeholders opportunities to exchange knowledge and join forces in implementing sustainable measures for language revitalization and maintenance.
CoLing promotes and practices:
- collaboration of academic and non-academic stakeholders and knowledge transfer in both directions,
- collaboration of researchers and organizations in Europe, the USA and Mexico,
- participatory research in endangered languages and cultures,
- language documentation with revitalization in mind,
- innovative methods and materials in learning and teaching lesser used languages,
- an enduring presence of linguistic and cultural diversity in public space.
Project outcomes will include:
- an online platform dedicated to various aspects of linguistic and cultural diversity with educational materials for teaching the focused languages,
- a serious game to be played on computers and mobile phones that supports learning of the focused languages and can be adapter to other lesser taught languages,
- guidelines for creating innovative spaces dedicated to the promotion of linguistic and cultural diversity,
- a joined publication of research articles on all four major themes of the project, presenting key findings and practical solutions.